1 a colorless and odorless inert gas; one of the six inert gases; comprises approximately 1% of the earth's atmosphere [syn: argon, atomic number 18]
2 a unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters [syn: are]
3 a state in south central United States; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War [syn: Arkansas, Land of Opportunity]
AR, Ar or ar can mean:
- the letter R
Places, regions, languages
- Arabic language (ISO 639 alpha-2 language code)
- .ar, the ccTLD for Argentina
- Argentina, ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 and FIPS 10-4 digram country code
- Appenzell Outer Rhodes, Swiss canton
- Arkansas (United States postal abbreviations)
Medicine, technology, science, mathematics, economics
- Relative atomic mass
- Adrenergic Receptor, a class of G protein-coupled receptors
- Androgen receptor, a nuclear hormone receptor
- Applied Relaxation, a form of behavioral therapy used for depression, anxiety, etc.
- Artificial Respiration, a cardio-respratory technique for lifesaving.
- Aortic Regurgitation, a heart valve disease
- Autoregressive, stochastic process in Econometrics
- Silver, in the field of numismatics (from the Latin Argentum)
- Analytical Reagent, such as Zinc acetate, Mandelic acid or Perchloric acid
- Argon, chemical symbol
- The AR-15, a popular Assault Rifle
- Armalite, maker of the AR-15, a popular Assault Rifle
- Anti-reflective coating, a coating on lenses that allows better light transmission through the lens.
- Artist and repertoire
- ar is a Unix archive format and handling tool
- Activation record, a computer science term for the set of data regarding an active subroutine, stored within the stack.
- Augmented reality, an application of virtual reality in the real world
- Accelerated Reader, educational reading assessment software
Businesses, organizations, groups, publications
- A&R a part of the music industry
- Arkadium-Developer of online game software for the advergaming and casual game markets.
- Acoustic Research, a brand name of Audiovox
- Aberdeen and Rockfish Railroad, (AAR reporting mark)
- Atlantic Records
- Aerolíneas Argentinas, IATA airline designator
- The Arizona Republic, a newspaper published in Phoenix, Arizona
- Armalite, an American arms manufacturer (e.g. AR-15 or any rifle of the same pattern)
- Army Regulation, a publication in the family of field manuals, training manuals, etc.
- Administrative Record, a required,comprehensive file of documents that forms the basis of decisions made regarding cleanup.
- Architectural Review, a publication of contemporary architecture.
Culture and history
AR in Afrikaans: AR
AR in Czech: AR
AR in Danish: Ar
AR in German: AR
AR in Modern Greek (1453-): AR
AR in Esperanto: Ar
AR in Basque: Ar
AR in French: AR
AR in Korean: AR
AR in Italian: AR
AR in Dutch: Ar
AR in Japanese: AR
AR in Norwegian: AR
AR in Polish: AR
AR in Portuguese: AR
AR in Kölsch: AR (Watt ėßß datt?)
AR in Slovenian: Ar
AR in Serbo-Croatian: Ar
AR in Finnish: Ar
AR in Swedish: AR
AR in Vietnamese: AR
AR in Chinese: AR